Monday, October 11, 2010

Chop!

Good evening, everyone!

It's Monday night at 8:55pm and I'm just settling in for the night before we go back to school tomorrow. I hope everyone had a fantastic extended weekend. The weather was great here (was it nice in Ottawa, too?), and I have a wonderful couple of dinners with great family and friends. I stuffed myself silly, and I will be eating turkey left-overs all week long. No complaints here...there's nothing better than Britton family turkey with stuffing. Absolutely delicious!

As some of you might know, I have been looking forward to cutting my hair for quite a while, now. I've had long hair for years and years, and I was determined to keep it for the wedding. Now that the wedding is over, I decided that it was time for a change. On Friday, I went to do the deed...I cut it off. In total, I cut about 12 inches! It was divided into 4 sections and braided. Then, each braid, which was about 10 inches from elastic to elastic, was cut off. I thought that since I had such long and un-coloured hair, it was important that I do something with it, so I decided to donate my hair to a Canadian non-profit organization called Angel Hair for Kids. It's an organization that provides real hair wigs and other hair loss solutions to disadvantaged Canadian Children who have lost their hair due to a medical condition or a medical treatment. I thought this was important because my aunt is a cancer survivor who lost her hair when she was going through chemo therapy and radiation. I've seen how hair loss can affect a person's confidence and self worth, and I think it's important to support people, especially children, who are going through something as tough as this. I want to encourage all of my wonderful readers and fellow bloggers to consider this next time you go get a cut.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Good for you Ms. Crosbie!!! :)

zach said...

im getting my hair cut in 2011 somtime i need my hair for a costume at the anime con next year!

Casey said...

love the hair!!!!!

HannahS said...

nice hair:)