Friday, October 8, 2010

Assignment # 2: Discrimination and Tolerance

Good morning, bloggers!

I know we've only just started putting our blogs together and some of us are having a bit of trouble getting our accounts set up, but hopefully we can have all of these little glitches resolved by the end of the day.



As you all know, most of our Grade 6-8 students will be going to see a performance of Wicked on November 24th as part of a unit focusing on tolerance. You also know that I'm very excited about this trip, and I've been working hard since last June to get everything ready for this very important unit.


As our grade 6/7 class begins to wrap up our Suspense unit, and our grade 8 class begins to wrap up their Humour unit, I thought it might be a good idea to begin looking towards our next focus. For this assignment, you are to write a post of at least 10 lines in length about the meaning of tolerance and discrimination. You're welcome to include a definition from one of our classroom dictionaries, but this will not count towards your 10 lines. I'm looking for your ideas and thoughts about tolerance and discrimination, so please use your own words and write as creatively as possible. You can write in any form or style you like, which could possibly include a rap, a song or poem, a journal entry, a creative story or a reflection. Please be creative and use lots of detail in your writing


This assignment will be due Thursday, October 14.

21 comments:

BreahD said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie,

I'm finished this assignment. It's titled and Tolerance and Discrimination on my blog. :)

Farewinds -Bree-

Shauna Pollock said...

You are SO lucky to be attending Wicked! I hope that after you see it, you and your students will all post reviews so we can live vicariously through your experiences.

Your students blogs are looking wonderful and it's great to see so many of them popping up.

My students are absolutely THRILLED to be getting buddies. They are excited to see all the things they have in common with their new digital friends. I can't wait to keep working together and figuring out ways to collaborate on projects even more.

Elizabeth said...

I'm done part one of the asignment now!!!

Caitlin said...

Hello Ms.Crosbie,
Okay I am now officaly finished this assinment!! So don't mind the first two comments I left for this above cuz I'm done!

Anyways have a good Thanksgiving!!
~Caitlin~

Brandon said...

Hi Ms. Crosbie Im done the assignment 2 check it out on my blog and by the way love the new hair.

Josh said...

Hey Ms C! I have completed assignment #2 i commented on tyler's blog.

Holly said...

Hi Ms.Crosbie, I am done this assignment!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ms.Crosbie,I'm fineshed asignment # 2

DaynaLT said...

Hi Ms.Crosbie, I finished assignment 2. You can read my new post on my blog.

Sam V said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie I just finished this assignment, it's in my blog post titled "We Are All Equal."

Karran said...

Hey Ms.Crosby, I have completed this assignment, titled "Tolerance and Discrimination". It's a short story.

Courtney said...

Ms. Crosbie I have finished Assignment 2 It is titled Assignment 2: Discrimination And Tolerance

-Court

Alicia`s blog said...

Hey Ms.crosbie im finished assignment two Discrimination and Tolerance

Casey said...

Hey ms.C.I'm done assignment number two.All ready for tomorrow.

AriannaK said...

Hey Miss.C I finished the assignment.

MichelleP said...

All done assignment 2 Ms.C!

steph said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie I'm finally done assigment#2

Josh said...

Hey Ms C i have completed assignment #2 and i am working on assignment #3.

Kelly Kaay said...

Hello Ms.C :)
I've completed assignment #2

-Kelly

Dawson S said...

ms c im done asiment 2

Daniel said...

ms c i finnished #2