Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Assignment #1

Your first assignment will be a two-part assignment

Part ONE

Your first posting will be a Welcome post. You will welcome new readers to your blog, introduce yourself and try to grasp the reader's attention, attracting them to come back to your blog often.

Once you are logged in, click on "New Post" in the upper right hand side of your page. You can then compose a message (don't bother with the Edit Html tab). The message composition works much the same way as a word processor like Microsoft Word does.

In your welcome message, I would like you to:
1. introduce yourself (first name ONLY)
2. tell your readers you're happy they're here
3. tell your reader a little bit about yourself. You will include 3-5 juicy sentences describing yourself with evidence (for example: "I am a little shy at school but I love watching "Glee" because I can imagine how amazing it would be to be able to be brave and sing in front of others.")
4. encourage your readers to leave comments or questions
5. thank your reader and encourage him or her to come back and visit often

Before you "Publish post", make sure to SPEAL CHEECK your work.
(There's a little ABC checkmark icon in your menu bar, spellchecker will highlight the words it does not recognize).

Once you have written your welcome post. please leave a comment on this post on my blog. I will then link to your blog (you will see the links beginning to appear on the right hand side of my blog).

Part TWO

We will have a buddy class who are located in Ottawa, Ontario (our nation's capital)! They have already begun working on their blogs and are a couple of assignments ahead of us, but I know they will be patient as we get caught up. They are very lucky students to have a teacher named Miss Pollock who is a blogging expert, and we all (students and teacher alike) will have an oportunity to learn from each other. 

For the second part of your assignment, you will

1. Venture over to
 Miss Pollock's Blog and explore.
2. Once you get there, you will need to take a look at some of the student blogs that have already been created. They are located under the heading R8A Blogs which is on the right hand side of the page.
3. Choose one of these blogs to comment and question. What this means is that you must both comment on something the student has mentioned and leave a question for them to respond to. For example: If they said they love scary movies, you might ask if they are excited to see the 4th "Scream" movie that is coming out next year. Some students only have one posting while others have two or three. You can comment on any of their postings, provided
that you are making sure to give positive feedback!
4. Once you have posted, just come back here and leave a comment on this post letting me know who and what you commented on (Example: You might say, "Hi Ms. C, I commented on Noah's Welcome post").

Happy blogging!

26 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Mrs. Crosbie,

It's looking GREAT over here! Nice work so far. I don't know if you want to, but you may want to make my name or R8A link to our class website.

Also, you can go into the Design feature of your blog and change the colour of your links so that students can recognize which text is a link and which text is just bolded for extra prominence.

I'm SO excited to see our kids start to link up!

Caitlin said...

I have finished part one of the assinment

Courtney said...

I have finished Part 1.

Brandon said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie I just commented on Noahs blog and asked him a qustion.

Caitlin said...

Hello teacher, i am done assinment two i cmented on Tara's blog

Sam V said...

Hi Ms.Crosbie, I finished part one and two of the assignments. I commented on Qavi's "Empathy" Blog. Can't wait for our next tasks!

BreahD said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie.

Finished Part One, and I have commented on Sara's blog.

Farewinds -Bree-

Karran said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie,
I have completed Part 1 and commented on Noah's blog

zach said...

hi! i finished assiment a and i commented on tylers blog.

DaynaLT said...

Ms.Crosbie I did part 1 of the first assiment.

Elizabeth said...

I fineshed part 1 and part 2 Ms.C.I commented and asked sara's blog a question!!!!!

Kelly Kaay said...

Hiya Ms.Crosbie!
I have completed both 1 and 2 parts of the first assignment :) I have commented on Tara's blog.
-Kelly

MichelleP said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie, I finished part one. I left a comment on Hannah's hardCORE Blog. :D

DaynaLT said...

Hi, Mis.C. I finished part two of assignment 1. I left a comment and question on Jumanh's welcome blog.

Alicia`s blog said...

Hey Ms.Crosbie i finished my welcome letter and i commented on Hannahs Blog.

Holly said...

Hey Ms. C! I'm done part 1 & 2. I commented on Tara's blog and asked a question. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Andrianna said...

I finished Assignment 1. I left a comment and question on tara's welcome post.

Holly said...

Hi Ms. Crosbie I changed my URL address to the link below.

Courtney said...

Hello Ms. Crosbie! I have finished all of Assignment 1 and have commented and left a question on Melissa's Hard"Core" Blog.

Casey said...

Hey ms.C
i amdone part 1 and I commented on sara's blog.
Bye.

Daniel said...

hi it's daniel and i just commented on noah's blog.

AriannaK said...

Hey Miss.C finished part 1 , i commented on Hannah Zoes blog.

KyleNGTO said...

Hey miss.c i have finished my blog


http://kylengto.blogspot.com/

Jenna said...

Hey, Ms.B here is my link ->

http://spectacularjenna.blogspot.com/

AARON IS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLIO said...

Hey Miss Bim done my first post


http://hey-im26c4u.blogspot.com/

Kaitlin said...

Hey Ms C i'm done my first the first assignment
http://kaitlinsrainbowpage.blogspot.com/