Saturday, October 16, 2010

4 - 0

Good evening, blogging universe!

I know, I know...It's Saturday! What am I doing blogging when I could be outside enjoying our fantastic fall weather?! Trust me, I was outside enjoying the fabulousness that was today all afternoon at Bowmanville's Apple Fest. I pigged out on pulled pork sandwiches, apple cider, hot apple crisp, and even bought a delicious caramel apple to bring home with me. It was an awesome day. Wait...it's been an awesome weekend so far, and here's why:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are 4 - 0! Yes, our beloved Leafs have won all four of their games so far, which puts them at the top of the league. That's HUGE news, and very exciting! As many of you know, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I do like to jump on the Leafs bandwagon periodically during the season. It's jut that, well, who knew that bandwagon-jumping time would come so early this year? Now, I know we've got some followers out in Ottawa (How are your Senators doing so far this season, anyways?), so I will refrain from jumping up and down, screaming, and rubbing in our collective Leafs success too much. That wouldn't be very nice.

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Enjoy this beautiful fall weather because pretty soon we're going to be knee deep in the fluffy white stuff and you're all going to be complaining because you didn't dress properly for our typical Canadian weather (I'm talking about you, my wonderful students, who choose to wear capri pants in the dead of winter).

Happy weekend!

7 comments:

HannahS said...

Haha Ms.Crosbie about the capri's in the middle of winter and I am NOT I repeat am NOT a Leafs fan anymore(well maybe a little bit).

Sam V said...

Hey, I find nothing wrong with capri pants in the winter. I do find it odd for women ( Or men, ) to wear short shorts then. It's just plain odd! Aren't you cold? But anyways sounds like you had fun watching the game and taking pride in our teams sport!

-Sam

Ms. Crosbie said...

Dear Sam and Hannah,

Need I remind you that winter in Ontario can get as cold as the -30 degree mark? And can feel even colder than that with the wind chill?! Capri pants and shorts are 1000% inappropriate. The only acceptable attire is a full blown snowsuit (who cares if you look like the Michelin Man)accessorized by a toque, scarf, mittens, winterboots, wool socks, and sometimes snow goggles!

Also, I would like to update my readers: I just ate my caramel apple and it was even more delicious than I had expected. On the downside, I think I'm going to have to brush my teeth about 7 times to get rid of the caramel that's stuck in there.

Andrianna said...

Hey, Ms.Crosbie I also went to the apple festival and had an amazing time with Kelly and her family!!

jumanh said...

Wow our princpal is a maple leafs fan.

Elizabeth said...

!Go Leafs Go! !Go Leafs Go! Me and my dad are huge leaf fans althogh I don't pay attetion to their names. But I have been wating every game that I have managed to get my dad to let me stay up past 9:00 for. Bye time to work on asinment#4.

Brandon said...

Not anymore their not 4-0-1-0, the winning goal coming from former Oshawa General John Tavares.