Thursday, April 7, 2011

Metaphors

Hello Bloggers!

It's been a while since I/we blogged last, so I figured it was about time to dust off the cobwebs.

Grade 8's - you've been spending the last couple weeks learning about poetry and the use of figurative language. As you know, figurative language can be pretty cool and can definitely make things interesting. So, why not try your hand at interpreting some metaphors?

As you know (I hope!) a metaphor is similar to a simile, but doesn't use the words 'like' or 'as' to make a comparison. Below, I've listed a variety of metaphors for the concept of life. Your job is to select the one that you like/agree with/connect with the most, and explain what it means to you. Simple enough? Let's give it a try!
Metaphors for Life

Life is...

...a game

...a dream

... a movie

... a song

... a battle

... a dance

... a journey

... a party

... an opportunity

... a mystery

1 comment:

Sam V said...

I've completed this assignment. It's located on my blog.